* Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love an icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
* If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
* Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
* Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
* If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
* You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. My Amazon Wish list: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2E46X9N1IBHW7
2. I love homemade things. Anything sewn, knitted, crocheted., drawn, painted, etc. I love it. A homemade gift is like, the best present anyone can get.
3. I just got into owls, and I've always love hippos and hedgehogs.
4. Harry Potter and Star Wars are my biggest fandoms. I'm a Hufflepuff, BUT I despise Robert Pattinson now. But I adore the Weasly Twins. Gred and Forge. I mean, Fred and George. :P And I've got a thing for Darth Vader and Han Solo.
5. Yarn is good too. I'm a crocheter. No particular yarns or colors. It doesn't have to be fantastic yarn. I'm perfectly happy with Red Hart Super Saver.
6. I love music, books and movies, so any new recommendations is good
7. I love animals. Period. So, do some good at your local animal shelter.
8. I love random and interesting things about our planet and Space. I love Earth Science in particular. Weather, natural phenomenons, everything. History is good stuff too. So, if you have random and interesting facts, I would love to see what you find.
9. I love GLEE, Big Bang Theory, and the Office. And I love anything related to them. Gifs, icons, banners, FanFics, Posters, CD's
10. Pay it forward to someone. If someone's does something nice for you, pay it back to someone else, and tell them to do it, and so on and so forth. Spread the joy of the season!
Edit// PM me for contact info if you need it.
Ok, so now all of you do it, so I know what goodies to get you all! :D
Happy Holidays all!